Alaskan Scallops Wholesale
- Alaskan Scallops are Sea Scallops; the largest of the 400 species worldwide.
- Americans generally eat only the abductor muscle of the scallop. This is the disc-shaped white meat that connects a scallop’s tissue to it’s shell.
- Sea scallops have a sweet, flavorful taste and can be used in many pasta dishes as well as grilled or barbecued.
- Marketed as “dry” (75-79% water content) or “wet” ( 82-85% )
- The dry scallops generally cost about 20% more. These usually are an off-white color as opposed to the bright white of a wet scallop.
- Sold “IQF” or block frozen
- Ed’s typically sources a huge U/10 or U15 sized Dry Scallop from Bering Sea origin for its customers.
Please call 1-800-982-2377 to place an order.