Alaskan Jumbo Scallops
• Alaskan Scallops are Sea Scallops; the largest of the
400 species worldwide.
• Americans generally eat only the abductor muscle of the
scallop. This is
the disc-shaped white meat that connects a scallop’s tissue
to it’s shell.
• Sea scallops have a sweet, flavorful taste and can be
used in many pasta dishes as well as grilled or barbecued.
• Marketed as “dry” (75-79% water content)
or “wet” ( 82-85% )
• The dry scallops generally cost about 20% more. These
usually are an off-white color as opposed to the bright white
of a wet scallop.
• Sold “IQF” or block frozen
• Ed’s typically sources a huge U/10 or U15 sized
Dry Scallop from Bering Sea origin for its customers.
• Please call 1-800-982-2377 to place an order.