to Fillet a Halibut
you will need:
A fillet knife
A cutting Board
Click pictures for
a larger view.
- You don’t need to remove the fins or guts from
- Start with the dark side up.
- From the top of the head to the end of the stomach pocket
cut a diagonal line down to the bone.
- There is a line on a halibut all the way down the center
of the fish. Cut this line to the back bone from head
- Starting with the tail end in the center cut you just
made, cut the flesh towards the fins using the bones as
a guide and working towards the head, keep cutting in
long strokes until the fillet comes loose from the skeleton.
Repeat this process three other times and you should end
up with 4 fillets.
Didn't find the answer to your
question here? Click
here to send an email to one of our customer service
representatives or call us at 1-800-982-2377.